Truly understanding what our patients go through in life drives the philosophy behind BCP Group and its partners. We provide innovative prosthetic and orthotic technology and one‐on‐one personal attention to our patients. Our team members are passionate about providing the highest level of care to patients across the country.
The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) facilitates an excellent patient experience and supports clinic operations for the assigned prosthetic/orthotic medical practice. This role is best suited for an individual with healthcare experience who likes people and embraces technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual functioning in this position has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Greets, registers and directs patients/visitors in a professional manner
- Manages phones and respond to inquiries in an appropriate manner
- Records patient’s height and weight and reviews relevant medical history with patient
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with patients, physicians, and coworkers in a tactful, informed and service‐oriented manner
- Schedules appointments, verifies and updates patient demographics, referral source and insurance information in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Obtains copies of insurance cards, drivers’ licenses and other documentation from referral sources and scans relevant items into the EMR Patient chart per company procedures and guidelines
- Verifies patient insurance benefits, relays information on relevant payment and billing/collection policies and collects patient responsibility payments
- Initiates documentation requests from physicians and other healthcare providers and ensures information is included as part of the patient’s medical record prior to product delivery and claim submission
- Adheres to a paperless work environment and full‐utilization of technology‐based processes to drive operational efficiencies
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients, visitors and co-workers
- Follows infection control/safety procedures by adhering to applicable guidelines
- Provides administrative support to the staff, technicians and the practice as needed
- Assists in marketing efforts to build relationships with local referral sources when the opportunity exists
- Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED is required. Medical mid-office experience a plus. This position reports to the Director of Operations or the Market Leader in the applicable market. Qualified candidates must be self‐motivated and dependable, have strong customer service skills, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be detail oriented. Candidates must also demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance at all times. The appropriate candidate for this position must demonstrate a stable work history.